July 4, 2009

US/Canada Olympic Teams.

The U.S. and Canada have sent their invitations to their Olympic team tryouts for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Here are the lineups I'd like/expect to see.

U.S:

Goalies: Tim Thomas with Ryan Miller backing him up is a no-brainer to me.

Defense: I'd go with Tim Gleason, Erik and Jack Johnson, Mike Komisarek, Brian Rafalski is a no-brainer, and probably Scuderi/Orpik and/or Ryan Whitney.

Forwards: Patrick Kane (I love him), Phil Kessel, Chris Drury, maybe Scott Gomez, Mike Modano, Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan, David Booth, Dustin Byfuglien, probably Paul Stastny. That leaves two more forward spots, and looking at the crop so far, I don't think it matters much who they are. I think they'll rank 3rd or 4th when the rosters are finalized.

Canada:

I'm really excited to watch the Canadian team.

Goalies: I think they'll end up with either Marc-Andre Fleury or Roberto Luongo starting. That may be a little much to say, but Marty Brodeur was the starter for the last two Canadian Olympic teams, and they didn't even medal in 2006 after winning gold in 2002. I think it's time to move on.

Defense: This is where I start to get excited. I can't pick 6-8 of these guys. Scott Niedermeyer will make it. Dion Phaneuf, Chris Pronger, Dan Boyle probably, Jay Bouwmeester, Francois Beauchemin. That's 6. Shea Weber and Duncan Keith have great shots to make the team as well.

Forwards: Then to cap it off, there are the Canadian forwards. Sidney Crosby is such a lock it barely makes sense to mention his name. I think jarome Iginila is the next most probable. I'd love to see Dan Cleary, Vincent Lecavalier, Mike Richards, Jonathan Toews. Ryan Getzlaf and Jeff Carter will most likely make it. Eric Staal, Dany Heatley, Rick Nash, and if Joe Sakic is healthy, he'll make it. He'll probably be the captain.

Look at those names. I'll probably be pulling for them.

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Blogger wgkealey said...

I am totally pumped about the Olympics. Also look for sweden and Russia to have killer teams. It's going to be wild. Do you think St. Louis has a chance at the Canadian team? He's a fantastic skater.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home