August 20, 2009

God's love is awesome.

I was having a pretty solid day at work today. I opened, which aside from being at the store at 5:30 in the morning, is great. You get out early and there's a steady flow of work.

At around 1:15 I shifted around a pitcher of frappucino mix. It falls on the floor and spills all over, leaving a nasty mess. I was pissed. I had to pull out the mini-fridge that it's stored in to mop underneath because the mix is going everywhere. When standing up, I hit my head on the underside of the counter. More pissed.

When this happens, my brain starts running. I start mentally kicking myself:
"You're such a waste. A 25-year-old-married-college-grad working for less than $8 an hour and you can't even put a stupid pitcher in a refrigerator."

Fortunately my lovely wife Lindsey was also working at the time and proceeded to remind me of some much needed truth: I'm a child of God and he loves me. My worth is not based on what I do for a "living," but rather on the fact that God loves me. The goal is to share that love with anyone and everyone that comes into my store every time they come in.

It was a prime example of God's love. We do something stupid, and his love is constant. He stays right there with us and reminds us of it. I mean, we still have to stand in the sticky, sugary, mess we made on the floor, which helps motivate us to not do it again. But he loves us the whole way.

Thank you Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

i like this. a lot.
i especially like it that you now say, "my wife, Lindsey."
a lot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home